Sign up for FREE Nerd-to-English Newsletter!
Nerd-to-English is about translating what we know (or need to know) for success!
Sponsored by Forte' Incorporated, a provider of:
* Assessment Services for
management and I.T.
* Evaluation of processes, procedures
* Training and Mentoring
Follow Nerd-to-English on Twitter, username @nerdtoenglish, for communication tips and other useful info!
- An impulsive response can needlessly create unnecessary barriers for you. G #Communication 8 hours ago
- #Listening is not the same as waiting until you have a chance to resume talking. G #EffectiveCommunication 2012/12/04
- #Attitude is a Skill - It's not what happens to you but how you respond. G http://t.co/vX4bxKWX 2012/12/04
- Asking for a #referral or reference is asking someone to not only #trust you, but also to lend that trust to you. G 2012/12/03
- To someone else, you may be 'them' and 'they'. G #Perception 2012/12/02
- The great customers and partners typically surround themselves with great people. G #Success 2012/12/01
I Heard You. You Said, “Blah, Blah, Blah.” Sometimes what we are expected to listen to is not really worth hearing
Apparent agreement is far more common that genuine agreement.
Attitude is not about what happens to you but how you respond
Eternally searching for shortcuts can be the hardest work of all
Sometimes what we are expected to listen to is not really worth hearing
Listen for the meaning presented, not a meaning you seek or assume.
When we focus too much on a single option, especially one that is unrealistic, we deny ourselves other opportunities.
Our actions and thoughts are ours to control but only when we choose to do so.
Everyone is NOT your customer, not even for your free ideas and information.
Too many people believe that a set of illuminated images equals good communication.
Nerd-to-English’s own Glenn S. Phillips writes for the national media website DarkReading.com on topics related to business and technology compliance.
The Nerd-to-English book was recognized as a “Business: Management & Leadership” award winner in The USA “Best Books 2011″ Awards.
Our team is typically called by company management when there are concerns of compliance (such as HIPAA), security or unknown...
Browse and Read All the Nerd-to-English Articles!
Order your print copy, or ebook, now and save!